Studi Empiris Niat untuk Berhenti, Dukungan Organisasi, dan Komitmen Afektif Mahasiswa Perguruan Tinggi Di Kabupaten Lumajang

  • Sandi Pangestu STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
  • Riza Bahtiar Sulistyan STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
  • Ninik Lukiana STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
Keywords: organizational support, affective commitment, intention to take care

Abstract

There is its own uniqueness in universities in East Java Province, especially in Lumajang Regency. The uniqueness is the existence of scholarships given to students with certain criteria to the level of graduation and the existence of organizations formed by students. The problem in this study is the existence of a mind to stop students from private universities, support felt by students and affective commitment from students which causes students to quit private universities. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of organizational support and affective commitment to the intention to stop students at tertiary institutions in Lumajang Regency partially. This research was conducted in all universities in Lumajang Regency with 60 respondents as samples. This study tests the hypothesis which states that there is a negative relationship between organizational support and affective commitment to intention to quit. The research method used is quantitative research methods with multiple linear regression analysis techniques. The results showed that organizational support and affective commitment variables had a negative influence on intention to quit with a determination coefficient of 0.003 which showed that 3% of intention to quit in Lumajang Regency could be influenced by organizational support variables and affective commitment while the remaining 97% intention to stop being influenced by other variables not examined in this study such as attitudes, respondents' knowledge, social factors, economic factors and others.

 

Published
2019-07-06