Pengaruh Gaya Kepemimpinan Dan Stres Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Pegawai Pemerintah Desa Banjarwaru Kecamatan Lumajang Kabupaten Lumajang

  • Faizatur Rohmah STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
  • Hesti Budiwati STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
  • Riza Bahtiar Sulistyan STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
Keywords: leadership style, work stress, employee performance.

Abstract

In an organization the existence of a leader is very important because an organization without leadership will not run optimally, in this case the character of a leader will play a role to move the organization members to achieve the goals. The situation at work is not always conducive, work stress can be experienced by anyone who can be caused by the work environment or personal factors experienced by individuals. This study aims to determine the effect of leadership style and job stress on the performance of Banjarwaru Village Government employees Lumajang District, Lumajang Regency. A total of 39 respondents were used as samples in the study. The approach uses the method of multiple linear regression analysis. The results of the t test show leadership style has a significant effect on employee performance, while work stress does not significantly influence employee performance. The results of the F test indicate that leadership style and work stress simultaneously have a significant effect on employee performance. Shown from the coefficient of determination (R2) of 40.5% of changes in performance that are influenced by leadership style and work stress while the remaining 59.5% are factors not examined in this study such as work motivation, organizational culture, work discipline , placement of human resources, work environment and communication. This study is unique when the leadership style and work stress variables are tested simultaneously both influence on employee performance while when tested partially only the leadership style has a significant effect on performance, while work stress does not significantly influence employee performance.

Published
2019-07-06